Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Raccoon Eyes a Problem?


Are you having trouble keeping your make-up in place? Do you end up with raccoon eyes by the end of the day? Well I am going to try to give you some tips for preventing that from happening.

1. I believe the first step should be to use an eye shadow base. Like I said in a previous posting, an eye shadow base keeps the powder in place and limit the shadow fall out. Avoid using moisturizers on the eyelids, especially if you have oily skin, because it will cause your shadow to bleed and smear.

2. Apply your eye shadow.

3. Dust your lids with a translucent powder so that it will absorb the oils that'll cause smudging.

4.If your eyeliner smudges, it would be better for you to use either an eyeliner pencil or a powder eye liner. Liquid liner will smudge more easily. Do not apply a thick layer of liner. Thick layers will encourage smudging.

5. If you would like a more dramatic line, you can also apply liquid eyeliner over the powder or pencil liner. 

6. Dust translucent powder over the eyeliner. 

I hope this was helpful. I found these tips online and you can read more about my resource below.
Do you have any tips on preventing raccoon eyes? Comment below if you do.

tips adapted from 


How to Keep Eyeliner From Smearing Without Using Waterproof Eyeliner










2 comments:

  1. Hey Diana, I liked this post because my make up of choice is usually eyeliner and a lot of mascara which can cause racoon eyes after a long day. I dont usually wear eye shadow but these are some great tips. I have also heard of a good primer by the brand Urban Decay which gets great reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so helpful! I hate when I get racoon eyes and did not know how to prevent it. I never thought liquid eyeliner smudged but I can now see how it does. I always use liquid eyeliner. These are great tips! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete